Care Coordinator Vacancy
Salary: £17K-£19K depending on experience
To apply please click onto the \'apply now\' button
Reports to: Care Manager or lead coordinator
We are currently looking to employ a person who is currently working as a Care Co-ordinator within the sector or someone experienced within the sector who has aspirations to move into the role. The company provides employee specific benefits and an opportunity to further your career. You will continue to work and be supported with the current co-ordinator who will be moving into another role.
Working as part of a dedicated office team, you will ensure the safe delivery of home care services to our clients living in Newcastle, North Tyneside and surrounding areas. We would prefer that the suitable candidate has direct geographical knowledge of the local area working in.
To apply for this role, you must be a proficient communicator, administrator with IT and mobile skills. Must be open to further training and development. The role requires you to be on-call in rotation supporting the other office staff members. Must be a car driver.
Purpose of role
To make sure customers receive excellent quality care and support to help them to remain safe and comfortable in their own homes. A supportive and calm manner together with excellent organisational and communication skills are vital for this important role in our company.
Make sure care assistants are appropriately allocated to customers so that care is delivered on time, safely and in line with customers wishes (as agreed in their care and support plan).
- Liaise with the recruitment manager to make sure sufficient care assistants with the right skills mix are recruited to meet the needs of the business. Arrange cover for care assistant sickness, absenteeism or holidays
- Accept, allocate and process new referrals for care and support promptly
- Process changes to customers care and support plans
- Make sure there is sufficient cover to deliver care and support on time
- Monitor the allocation of care assistants to maximise efficiency whilst supporting them to maintain an appropriate work/ life balance
- Use IT systems to allocate care assistants to provide care and support to customers. Work with HMS Care supervisor(s) to appropriately match care assistants to customers taking account of:
- Care assistant skills, experience and time to safely deliver the care and support plan
- The customer’s preferences and care needs
- Travel arrangements, routes and working patterns to make efficient use of care assistant time whilst meeting the needs of customers
- Changes in care provision and support
- Priorities when there are unexpected emergencies
- Distribute staff rotas weekly
- In some offices, take part in the out of hours emergency on-call rota. This will only be required after the post holder has received full training and has been assessed as competent to provide appropriate guidance and advice in emergency situations
- Work with the office team to maintain up to date electronic and hand written records. Use systems to record and monitor mileage and travel distances. Make sure that accidents and incidents are recorded, reported and acted upon
- Keep all information about customers and their families or representatives secure and confidential except where policy requires you to share to protect the interests of our customers
- Carry out general office duties. Prepare reports as required as required by the registered manager
- Talk to customers and their chosen representatives about their care and support taking account of different communication needs and levels of understanding
- Work with the HMS Care team and other health and social care professionals to deliver high quality home care services and to make improvements where necessary
- Work flexibly as part of the team and apply HMS Care policies and procedures at all times
This list is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required.